Occupational Therapist - SEN School - Bromley
Heart Teaching are looking for an experienced occupational therapist to work within an outstanding SEN school in Bromley. The role is available on either a locum or permanent basis.
If you are a qualified occupational therapist with experience working with children, this could be the ideal role for you.
About the school
• SEN school covering an age range of 15+ years.
• Students have a range of SEN including PMLD, communication and social difficulties, aswell as those with ASD and specific learning difficulties
• Therapy based school that believes in a team approach.
About the role:
•Full or part-time available
• Delivering a specialist occupational therapy service to pupils
• Supporting pupils with occupational therapy recommendations on their Educational Healthcare Plans and take referrals regarding pupils within the school
• Providing a service to meet the changing needs presented by the pupils of the school
• Adapting the service to meet any additional demands presented by the pupils
Provide clinical assessments, reports, therapy programmes and advice and training within the school environment
• Involve pupils and parents/carers throughout the intervention in order to support and enhance pupils and young peoples ability to access their education
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupil's accessing occupational therapy and raise any concerns to the safeguarding officer.
Heart Teaching are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed for any reason.For this role you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting.We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details.<br>We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Heart Teaching are a recruitment business and we are advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of our Client's.