SEN Teaching Assistant – Longfield
Full time, Monday to Friday, term time only.
£10.50 to £11.50 Per hour, dependent on experience.
We currently require a teaching assistant for an outstanding rated Special Education Needs School in Longfield. .
Previous education or care experience is preferred but not required. Our Teaching Assistants are committed individuals that want to make a difference by being responsible for enabling students with Special Needs Educational requirements to learn, promoting their independence and helping them to achieve.
You will need to:
- Be a caring, understanding, and patient individual.
- Supporting students within the learning environment in order to promote each student’s intellectual, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
- Promote a caring environment.
- Ensure that communication with students, staff and other departments is effective and contributes to securing efficiency and high standards of care and personal development for students.
- Maintain high standards of safety and observe good practice in relation to health and safety issues, implement students’ care plans and appropriately use the recording and reporting processes.
Experience of complex physical and medical needs is desirable however an aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is the most important thing. We also offer a supportive, friendly working environment in a warm friendly caring school setting and the chance to make a real and positive impact on the lives of students.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting Teaching Assistant opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Justin on 01732 494 808
We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Heart Teaching are a recruitment business and we are advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of our Clients.