SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant – SEMH School –– ASAP
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
Are you seeking a new permanent role?
Have you got a passion for working with and supporting children?
Heart Teaching are seeking teaching assistants to support Social, Emotional and Menntal Health primary school aged children in a friendly and welcoming ambitious special school for children with Social, Emotional and Menntal Health needs.
The role will involve working 1:1 and 2:1 with children that have a variety of Social, Emotional and Menntal Health needs.
All staff will need an Enhanced adult and child Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check on the update service or be willing to obtain one.
Does this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity appeal to you? If so, please read on below to find out further information!
Job Description – SEMH Teaching Assistant
· SEMH Teaching Assistant
· £75 – £90 per day
· Monday – Friday (term time only)
· Working in a district special school
· Focus on children with Social, Emotional and Menntal Health Needs
· Adapting and differentiating the curriculum for learners with SEMH
· Working 1:1 & 2:1 with individual children, and in small groups
· Liaising with SEMH professionals at the school
· Long term and full-time contract available
· Safeguarding and prevent training (provided)
· Located in Smallfield, district
Person Specification –SENH Teaching Assistant
· A strong academic background – GCSEs/A Levels or higher
· Previous experience working in a similar role, or your own personal experience working with children with SEMH, would be ideal
· Strong behaviour management skills
· Hardworking, driven and committed
· Caring, compassionate and calm nature
· Patience and passion for supporting children with SEMH
· Ability to work as part of a team
School Details – SEN Teaching Assistant
· State of the art brand new facilities and incredible resources to support learning
· SEMH School ages 4 – 11 years
· Focus on children and young people with Social, Emotional and Menntal Health.
· Range of therapies to support learning on site
· Superb pastoral care
· Additional training available
· Located in Smallfield area
· access by several bus routes and Railway
The school offers children a comprehensive curriculum which includes a wide range of opportunities to develop the speech, language and communication skills that will enable them to successfully access learning. It is a place where children can flourish in a safe, calm, and positive working environment. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be part of a team providing the best education and pastoral care to ensure that children are heard and seen to shine.
Apply NOW for this fantastic SEMH Teaching Assistant position.
Apply for this SEmh Teaching Assistant opportunity by sending your CV to Heart Teaching. You will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted)!
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.