Student Support Assistant
Heart Teaching are working with a specialist PMLD school in the Hastings area who are currently looking for Student Support Assistants to join their dedicated and nurturing PMLD school. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting and caring for children specifically children with complex needs & Severe learning difficulties. The school believes in developing children socially, mentally, and morally as well as academically to give the children the best possible opportunities for their futures.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in care or special needs education
- Be warm, kind and caring
- Understand Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC), Complex Needs & Sever Learning Difficulties
- Have a nurturing approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
The candidate will:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to process a new application
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to provide two references within the last 2 years.
Shifts available between 7am and 10pm. Shifts are normally 7 hours, but 12 hour shifts are available if that is your preference.
Part-time is available; if working 12 hour shifts you can choose to do 1-3 days a week.
You can make a difference! You will be responsible for enabling our students to learn, promote their independence and help them to achieve.
As a Care Assistant working within this residential special school you will support children and young people with physical disabilities and complex medical needs from age 4 to 19.
As a Student Support Assistant you will;
- Support students within the learning and residential environments in order to promote their intellectual, physical, social and emotional development;
- Promote a caring environment and provide a high standard of care including washing, toileting, bathing and mealtime assistance;
- Ensure that communication with students, staff and other departments is effective and contributes to our high standards of care and personal development for students;
- Maintain excellent standards of safety and good practice in relation to safeguarding, health and safety issues, implementing students’ care plans and appropriately using the recording and reporting processes.
The role will include a substantial amount of moving and handling and personal care. Although experience of complex physical and medical needs is not essential, as we provide comprehensive training, an aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is.
The school offers children a comprehensive curriculum which includes a wide range of opportunities to develop the speech, language and communication skills that will enable them to successfully access learning. It is a place where children can flourish in a safe, calm, and positive working environment. As a Student Support Assistant (HCA), you will be part of a team providing the best education and pastoral care to ensure that children are heard and seen to shine.
Apply NOW for this fantastic SEN Teaching Assistant position.
Apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity by sending your CV to Heart Teaching.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.