Teaching Assistant SEN – Croydon
SEN Teaching Assistant – Croydon
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
Have you got a passion for working with and supporting children?
Heart Teaching are seeking teaching assistants to support SEN children across KS1, KS2, KS3 KS4 in a friendly and welcoming ambitious special school for children and young people with physical disabilities and complex medical needs.
All staff will need an Enhanced adult and child Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check on the update service or be willing to obtain one.
Does this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity appeal to you? If so, please read on below to find out further information!
Job Description – SEN Teaching Assistant
· SEN Teaching Assistant
· £11 – £13 per hour
· Monday – Friday (term time only)
· 8.30am start to 3.30pm finish
· Working in a district special school
· Focus on children with mental health needs.
· Adapting and differentiating the curriculum for learners with SEN
· Working 1:1 & 2:1 with individual children, and in small groups
· Liaising with SEN professionals at the school
· Long term and full-time contract available
· Safeguarding and prevent training (provided)
· Located in Croydon
Person Specification –SEN Teaching Assistant
· A strong academic background – GCSEs/A Levels or higher
· Previous experience working in a similar role, or your own personal experience working with children with SEN, would be ideal
· Strong behavior management skills
· Hardworking, driven and committed
· Caring, compassionate and calm nature
· Patience and passion for supporting children with SEN
· Ability to work as part of a team
School Details – SEN Teaching Assistant
· State of the art brand new facilities and incredible resources to support learning
· SEN School ages 2 – 19 years old
· Focus on children and young people with autism.
· Range of therapies to support learning on site
· Superb pastoral care
· Additional training available
· Located in Croydon
· access by several bus routes and Railway
The school are proud to be serving students aged 2-19 with Special Educational Needs. Each day students bring their own unique energy into their school. In turn we ensure that they receive a high-quality educational provision delivered through the immensely capable and effective hands of our staff. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be part of a team providing the best education and pastoral care to ensure that children are heard and seen to shine
Apply NOW for this fantastic SEN Teaching Assistant position.
Apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity by sending your CV to Heart Teaching. You will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted)!
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.