Teaching Assistant (SEN School)
Job Title: Teaching Assistant (SEN School)
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Salary: £11 – £13
Hours: 8:30am to 15:30pm
Heart Teaching are working with a specialist school in Tonbridge, Kent who are currently looking for passionate and dedicated teaching assistant to join their nurturing school. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting and caring children and young people with profound, severe and complex needs, many of whom are on the Autistic Spectrum. for children specifically children with autism. The school believes in developing children socially, mentally, and morally as well as academically to give the children the best possible opportunities for their futures.
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with special educational needs
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of lesson plans
- Monitor and track student progress, and report any concerns to the teaching staff
- Help to create a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Provide pastoral care and support to students as needed
- Assist with the implementation of behavior management strategies
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff, parents, and outside agencies to support student learning and development.
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to process a new application
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a SEN school setting is desirable
- Experience working with children with special educational needs
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards working with children
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A commitment to supporting the learning and development of all students.
What Heart Teaching can offer:
- Excellent hourly rates of PAY – £11- £13
- Weekly Pay
- FREE ongoing continued professional development (CPD) training
- £250 refer a friend scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply bellow or send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please outline your relevant experience and why you would be a suitable candidate for this position.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
SEND | Teaching Assistant
£11 - £13 per hour
Special Educational Needs And Primary Specialist