Teaching Assistant – Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
Job Title: Teaching Assistant (SEMH School)
Location: Tonbridge Wells
Salary: £11 – £13 Per Hour
Hours: 8:30am to 15:30pm
Heart Teaching are working with a SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) school in Tonbridge Wells, Kent who is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join their nurturing team. This school provides a supportive environment for children and young people aged 7 to 19 years who require additional support with managing their Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Supporting the class teacher in the delivery of lessons and the implementation of individual education plans (IEPs)
- Providing pastoral care and support for students with social, emotional and mental health needs
- Developing positive relationships with students and helping them to build self-esteem and confidence
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of learning activities, and contributing to the creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Providing feedback and reporting on student progress to the class teacher and other members of the team
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Assist with the implementation of behavior management strategies
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff, parents, and outside agencies to support student learning and development.
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Level 2 or 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Experience working in a SEMH school or alternative provision setting would be (desirable but not essential).
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards working with children
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A commitment to supporting the learning and development of all students.
We offer a supportive and friendly working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and the chance to make a real difference in the lives of our students.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people and have the necessary skills and experience to support them in achieving their full potential, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply bellow or send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please outline your relevant experience and why you would be a suitable candidate for this position.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
SEMH | SEND | Teaching Assistant
£11 to £13 per hour
Special Educational Needs And Primary Specialist