Teaching Assistant (PMLD School)
Job Title: Teaching Assistant (PMLD School)
Location: Westerham, TN16
Salary: £12 – £13 Per Hour
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Day and Night shifts available both Full and Part time
Heart Teaching are working with a PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) school in Westerham, TN16 to find a motivated and dedicated PMLD Teaching Assistant to join their unique School. Catering for students aged 4 to 19 who have physical disabilities and complex medical needs offering both day and boarding options. As a PMLD Teaching Assistant, you will work alongside the teaching staff to provide a high-quality education to children and young people aged 4 to 19 years who have physical disabilities and complex medical needs. You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of an engaging and inclusive curriculum, ensuring that each student receives the support they require to make progress.
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with PMLD
- Assist with the implementation of individual education plans (IEPs)
- Support students with their physical and personal care needs
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of lessons, under the guidance of the class teacher
- Monitor and assess student progress, reporting back to the class teacher
- Assist with the planning and delivery of sensory and therapeutic activities
- Promote positive behaviour and ensure a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Build positive relationships with students, parents and carers, and other members of staff
- Experience working with children with PMLD or similar complex needs including care for the elderly
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to process a new application
- A relevant qualification in teaching or support work (e.g. Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant, CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent) desirable but not essential!
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy and a caring nature
- A commitment to inclusion and equality
- A willingness to learn and adapt to the needs of each individual student
What Heart Teaching can offer:
- Excellent hourly rates of PAY – £12- £13
- Weekly Pay
- FREE ongoing continued professional development (CPD) training
- £250 refer a friend scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply bellow or send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief
PMLD | SEND | Teaching Assistant
£12 to £13 per hour
Special Educational Needs And Primary Specialist