Speech and Language Therapist (SEN School)
Salary: £38,762 – £45,765
Contract type: Full-time/Part-time
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our team at Heart Teaching. As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will be responsible for providing high-quality therapy services to students across SEN Schools in the Essex area who have communication difficulties and/or disorders.
- Conducting assessments of students with communication difficulties and/or disorders
- Developing and implementing individualized therapy plans for students
- Providing therapy sessions to students individually or in groups
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of students in therapy sessions
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support students’ communication needs
- Providing training and support to staff members on communication strategies and techniques
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of therapy sessions and student progress
- Participating in meetings and reviews to discuss students’ progress and development
- Keeping up-to-date with current research and best practices in speech and language therapy
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech and Language Therapy or a related field
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Experience working with children and young people with communication difficulties and/or disorders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply bellow or send your CV to email@example.com or call 01732 494 808 to find out more.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Secondary Education Specialist