Teaching Assistant – Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) September
Job Title: Teaching Assistant – Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
Location: Dartford, Kent, United Kingdom
Type: Full-time, Mon to Fri (8:30am to 15:30pm)
Salary: £11.70 to £13.70 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Start Date: September 2023
Heart Teaching are seeking a dedicated and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our team, specifically supporting students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for students with complex needs. You will work closely with the teaching staff, therapists, and other professionals to support the holistic development and educational progress of our students.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist in the implementation of individualized education health care plans (IEHCPs) for students with PMLD.
· Provide personal care and support for students with physical disabilities, ensuring their safety, well-being, and dignity at all times.
· Support students with communication difficulties through the use of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems, such as visual aids, symbols, and technology.
· Adapt and modify teaching materials to meet the diverse learning needs of students with PMLD.
· Assist students with daily living skills, including assisting with meal times, personal care, and mobility.
· Promote independence and social integration by facilitating interactions and peer relationships among students.
· Monitor and record student progress, behaviors, and achievements, providing feedback to the teaching staff.
· Collaborate with therapists and healthcare professionals to implement specialized interventions and therapy programs.
· Maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment, addressing any behavioral or safeguarding concerns promptly.
· Previous experience working with individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) is desirable.
· Understanding of different teaching strategies and interventions for individuals with complex learning needs.
· Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport and trust with students.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
· Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
· Ability to work effectively under the guidance of the teaching staff and other professionals.
· A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.70-£13.70 per hour
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Term-Time Only