Teaching Assistant ASD
Job Title: Teaching Assistant – ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
Location: Medway, Kent, United Kingdom
Type: Full-time, Mon to Fri (8:30am to 15:30pm)
Salary: £11.70 to £13.70 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Start Date: ASAP!
Heart Teaching are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Teaching Assistant to join our team. As an ASD Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with students with autism to support their academic, social, and emotional development within the educational setting. You will collaborate with the teaching staff, parents, and other professionals to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for students with ASD.
The successful candidate will:
- Be warm, kind and caring
- Understand Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- Have a nurturing approach
- Have good behavior management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to process a new application
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to provide two references within the last 2 years.
What Heart Teaching can offer:
- Excellent hourly rates of PAY – £11.70- £13.70
- Weekly Pay by our in-house payroll team
- FREE ongoing continued professional development (CPD) training
- £250 refer a friend scheme
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Job Types: Full-time, Temp to perm
Salary: £11.70-£13.00 per hour