Teaching Assistant SEN
Job Title: Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Location: Tonbridge, Kent, United Kingdom
Type: Full-time, Mon to Fri (8:30am to 15:30pm)
Salary: £11.70 to £13.70 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Heart Teaching are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant. As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with our teaching staff to support students with profound, severe, and complex needs, many of whom are on the Autistic Spectrum.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide one-on-one or small group support to students with special educational needs, both inside and outside the classroom.
· Adapt teaching materials and resources to accommodate different learning styles and abilities.
· Help students with their personal care needs, if required.
· Monitor and record students’ progress, providing feedback to the teacher and parents/guardians.
· Collaborate with the school’s SEN Coordinator and other professionals, such as speech and language therapists or occupational therapists, to implement specific strategies and interventions.
· Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters the social and emotional well-being of all students.
· Encourage student independence and self-confidence through targeted support and encouragement.
· Assist with the management of behavior and implement behavior management strategies as directed by the teacher and school policies.
· Attend relevant training sessions and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills in working with students with special educational needs.
· Have an enhanced DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to process a new application.
· Hold the Right to Work in the UK
· Be able to provide two references within the last 2 years.
· Full time, Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, teachers, and parents/guardians.
· Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to support students with diverse learning needs.
· Understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Heart Teaching is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed any reason. For this role, you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have, one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details. We welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.70-£13.70 per hour
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tonbridge, Kent: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)