Secondary SEN Teacher
Secondary SEN Teachers
Heart Teaching are currently working with a fantastic SEN school based in Medway looking for a secondary SEN Teacher.
The SEN school strives to provide a high quality educational and therapeutic learning environment that reflects the cultural ethos of the school. A holistic approach is used to meet the individual needs of each child to help them achieve their potential, whether academic, social or life skills.
As a Secondary SEN Teacher, you will be joining a team that provides the best education and pastoral care to ensure that the SEN school is a place of learning for everyone. In your role as a Secondary SEN Teacher, you will be delivering a broad and innovative curriculum which enriches the experiences of the pupils, including a wealth of opportunities for life-long learning and growing independence.
Job Description – Secondary SEN Teacher
· Full Time Secondary SEN Teacher
· Working in a SEN School
· September 2022 starts or sooner – MPS1-6 – Permanent contract
· Focus on children with severe and complex learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of Autism and / or physical / sensory disabilities
· Able to create and deliver engaging lessons
· Adapting and differentiating the curriculum for learners with SEN
· Enthusiastic and committed to teaching children with SEN
· Ongoing CPD & excellent scope for career progression
Person Specifications –Secondary SEN Teacher
· Must hold UK QTS
· Graded ‘Good’ in most recent OFSTED report
· SEN School ages 4 – 19 years old
· Be resilient, reliable, and passionate about excelling within education with a real enthusiasm for inspiring pupils to engage with their learning and development
· A passion for your subject and education in general
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive approach
· A desire to work as a team with the rest of the department and the school
· Mixed – pupils – aged 4 – 19 years
· Small class sizes
· Modern facilities
· Good links to stations, multiple tube lines
· Excellent location – Medway
Reasons to join the Heart Teaching team:
· We put you first – listening and understanding the type of work you would like
· Refer a friend – £250 of high street vouchers!
· We pay all our teachers in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
· Our local consultant will be on hand to support you throughout your journey with us
Early applications are advised, with this position expected to be hugely sought after. Whether an ECT currently training or an experienced teacher, please do feel free to get in touch today.
Please see our website page HeartTeaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.