Teaching Assistant Tonbridge
SEN Teaching Assistant – SEN School –Tonbridge– September 2022
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
Are you seeking a new long-term role this September?
Have you got a passion for working with and supporting children?
Heart Teaching are seeking teaching assistants to support SEN children across KS1, KS2 and KS3 in a friendly and welcoming ambitious special school for children and young people with profound, severe, and complex needs, many of whom are on the Autistic Spectrum.
The role will involve working 1:1 and 2:1 with children that have autism and other complex needs.
All staff will need an Enhanced adult and child Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check on the update service or be willing to obtain one.
Does this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity appeal to you? If so, please read on below to find out further information!
Job Description – SEN Teaching Assistant
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £75 – £90 per day
- Monday – Friday (term time only)
- Working in a district special school
- Focus on children with profound, severe, and complex needs
- Adapting and differentiating the curriculum for learners with SEN
- Working 1:1 & 2:1 with individual children, and in small groups
- Liaising with SEN professionals at the school
- Long term and full-time contract available
- Safeguarding and prevent training (provided)
- Located in Tonbridge and Mallingdistrict
Person Specification –SEN Teaching Assistant
- A strong academic background – GCSEs/A Levels or higher
- Previous experience working in a similar role, or your own personal experience working with children with SEN, would be ideal
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Hardworking, driven and committed
- Caring, compassionate and calm nature
- Patience and passion for supporting children with SEN
- Ability to work as part of a team
School Details – SEN Teaching Assistant
- State of the art brand new facilities and incredible resources to support learning
- SEN School ages 4 – 19 years old
- Focus on children and young people with profound, severe, and complex needs,
- Range of therapies to support learning on site
- Superb pastoral care
- Additional training available
- Located in Tonbridge
- access by several bus routes and Railway
The school offers children a comprehensive curriculum which includes a wide range of opportunities to develop the speech, language and communication skills that will enable them to successfully access learning. It is a place where children can flourish in a safe, calm, and positive working environment. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be part of a team providing the best education and pastoral care to ensure that children are heard and seen to shine.
Apply NOW for this fantastic SEN Teaching Assistant position.
Apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity by sending your CV to Heart Teaching. You will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted)!
Please see our website page Heartteaching.com and scroll to the bottom to see our ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.